Sunday, May 07, 2006

 

Quote o' the Day

From A Look at the Economics Behind the World's Oldest Profession:
Developing the consequences of their mathematical model, Edlund and Korn argue that the primary reason for the income differential is not the risk sometimes associated with the practice of prostitution but rather that prostitutes greatly diminish their chances for marriage by virtue of their occupation.
The author was using virtue, defined as "chastity, especially in a woman," ironically, right? Please, tell me that was intentional and not a careless cliche.

Comments:
And you do know that the word 'virtue' comes from the Latin word 'virtus' meaning 'manliness', right?
 
I'm sure you've told me that before, but, no, I was not thinking of that when I wrote that post.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?