Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Free the podcasts

Two of my favorite NPR shows just announced that they'd start offering free podcasts. Previously, This American Life and Marketplace Money shows were available as podcasts from audible.com for a fairly hefty fee; to subscribe to Marketplace Money for a year cost nearly $120, whereas becoming a member of my local NPR station cost $20. Now they're available for the incredibly low price of "donate or feel guilty." Interestingly, at least TAL is following the New York Times model of moving the free content to a fee-required archive after a bit. I'll probably only use the Marketplace Money feed because it publishes new content earlier than YPR streams it, while TAL publishes after I've already created my own podcast of the content from YPR.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?