Monday, July 07, 2008

 

Almost

We took a road trip to Yellowstone yesterday. Yeah, it's nice to be able to decide spur of the moment to drive to Yellowstone. We filled up at Costco (let's hear it for 5% back on gas!) as we were leaving. I knew we were making pretty good mileage when we were better than 50 MPG when we got to the park. It just got better as the day went on. I was hoping to make it to 58 MPG by the time we got home. I did better than that. I was so close to 60 MPG. I probably could've made it if I'd gone and slowly cruised around the subdivision for a while, but it was 3 minutes to midnight and I was tired, so that can be a challenge for another day.

Comments:
One of our best mileage stretches was between West Yellowstone and the Spanish Peaks.
 
5%?
 
Dave, I think you slipped your decimal place. 59.7/60 = 0.5%.
 
No, how do you get 5% back on gas at Costco?
 
Oh, and being an SUV owner, I prefer to think of gas mileage numbers like golf scores.
 
Dave,

Oh. My bad. I get 5% back on gas at Costco because I've got the Business American Express (https://www143.americanexpress.com/cards/home.do?pmccode=162#CARDS/162/0/0/-1), which as far as I'm concerned is the best credit card ever. The customer support is awesome. I screwed up a payment twice in a row thanks to the bill pay at my bank. They just fixed it both times, no questions asked. When I've had bad experiences with merchants, the card has always refunded my money with almost no hassle. They're awesome. Not only do they speak English, but they use fancy words like "whom."
 
Wow. You must be hitting a hole-in-one every time with scores like that.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?